Links and resources for Like, Comment and Subscribe: Effective Communication of Security Advice by Serena Chen
purplecon, November 2018
References and reading
- I Ion, R Reeder, S Consolvo. “…No one Can Hack My Mind”: Comparing Expert and Non-Expert Security Practices. In Proceedings of SOUPS, 2015.
- A. Adams and M. A. Sasse. Users Are Not the Enemy. Communications of the ACM, 42(12), 1999.
- C. Herley. More is not the answer. IEEE Security & Privacy, 12(1):14–19, 2014.
- Jack W. Brehm (1989), “Psychological Reactance: theory and Applications”, in NA - Advances in Consumer Research Volume 16, eds. Thomas K. Srull, Provo, UT : Association for Consumer Research, Pages: 72-75.
- A. Perusco, N. Poder, M. Mohsin, G. Rikard-Bell, C. Rissel, M. Williams, M. Hua, E. Millen, M. Sabry and S. Guirguis, Evaluation of a comprehensive tobacco control project targeting Arabic-speakers residing in south west Sydney, Australia, Health Promotion International, Vol. 25 No. 2, 2010.
- K. Glanz, B. K. Rimer and K. Wiswanath. Health, Behaviour and Health Education: Theory, Research and Practice. 4th edition. John Wiley and Sons, 2008.
For a very nice read about behaviour change on a large scale, I can recommend “Changeology: how to enable groups, communities, and societies to do things they’ve never done before” by Les Robinson (Scribe Publications, 2013). Unfortunately this is a Real Book that you’ll have to either buy or acquire through a friend.